Pride Milling’s Industrial Yellow Maize Mill, launched 1 April 2019, is a new producer of industrial yellow maize products, including grits. The Mill boasts FSSC 22000 and SMETA accreditation, and GMO-Free certification to meet the requirements of the highly technical and growing industrial maize market. This yellow industrial maize mill operates from Pride Milling Devon, which is situated in the biggest yellow maize growing area in South Africa.
Pride Milling Devon’s yellow maize products are intended for industrial and retail use and will be marketed and sold in both local and international markets.
All grits supplied by Pride Milling Devon is uniquely, purposely refined (milled) according to each customer’s requirements.
The yellow maize grits products are used by manufacturers in the production of:
- snacks (both soft and hard extrudes)
- corn bites
- breakfast cereals
- as part of the brewing process
The yellow maize flours are used by manufacturers for industrial use in, among others, the production of:
- baby food
- porridge for adults
- as a thickening agent in soups and stocks
- as an ingredient in baking
- as an ingredient in seasoning and spices
Other uses for the products are in the culinary, health, pharmaceutical and chemical market channel.
The offal, referred to as ‘chop’, is sold for animal feed consumption to feedlots and to farmers.
If you are looking for a supplier of yellow industrial products, contact us here.
Have a look at our complete industrial product offering, here.
Ensuring Food Safety Standards
The mill, located on the Pride Milling Devon premises, aims to consistently meet customer requirements, especially on product quality and food safety.
- All our yellow industrial products are manufactured according to the guidelines set out by FSSC22000, the international food safety systems we subscribe to and are audited against.
- All GMO-Free industrial products’ integrity is maintained by an identity preservation system that is audited by international auditing body BM Trada.
- As a member of Sedex, Pride Milling Devon’s compliance to the four pillars of Labour, Health and Safety, Environment and Business Ethics is measured against SMETA/URSA – one of the most widely used ethical audit formats in the world.
A dedicated support team, consisting of a System Compliance Manager as well as a System Compliance Coordinator supports the production manager and Quality Assurance Team, ensuring that every step of the process, from receiving raw material to delivering it to the customer, is managed to meet our product quality and food safety standards.
Pride Milling is a preferred manufacturer, marketer and distributor of a wide variety of branded and private label white and yellow maize, and diverse products. Some of the company’s beloved brands include the Pride Maize Range, Tops Mabele, and Drakensberg Pet Foods. In business since 2001, it has a proven track record and is a trusted manufacturer in the industry with a focus on food safety standards and customer service.