40 Mins | Serves 6
250 ml Pride Maize Rice
500 ml water
2.5 ml salt
- Rinse and drain maize rice.
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a medium pot.
- Add maize rice and stir with a fork. Bring to a boil and cover with a lid.
- Turn down heat and simmer for about 40 minutes or until cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Fluff with fork before serving.
For extra flavour, melt 10 ml butter in the boiling water, before adding the maize meal.
Use as an alternative to rice or couscous. Delicious in salads or with a mix of oven roasted veggies.