90 mins | Serves 6
250 ml Pride Samp
500 ml water, plus water for soaking
2.5 ml salt
- Rinse and drain samp
- Cover samp with cold water and soak overnight.
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a medium pot.
- Add samp and stir with a fork. Bring to a boil and cover with a lid.
- Turn down heat and simmer for about 90 minutes or until cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Fluff with fork before serving.
Once cooked, stir in a tablespoon of butter for extra flavour.
Serve alongside a beef or chicken stew, or with a curry sauce.
Discover the whole Pride Maize range here.