Crunchy Roasted Split Pea Nibbles
60 Mins | Serves 4
Split peas are an #EasyDelicious way of increasing your daily fibre intake. This recipe for roasted split peas is easy-peasy (pun intended) and a healthy snack for when you feel peckish.
Regularly eating split peas can help stabilise your blood sugar levels thanks to their high fibre content.
2 2/3 Cups Water
2 Tbsp Olive oil
Salt, to taste
Choose one or more of the below herbs and spices and add to taste:
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Chilli powder
- Cumin powder
- Onion powder
- Dried Thyme
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Cook peas in water for 10-20 minutes until parboiled, or just tender enough to bite through. Once cooked, drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Pat dry with kitchen towel. Combine peas, oil, salt, pepper and spices of choice in a bowl and mix thoroughly to coat every pea.
- Spread peas evenly over a baking sheet and for 30-35 minutes until golden and crunchy. Flip peas every 10 minutes to ensure even roasting and to prevent burning.
- Cool and serve as a snack on its own, or sprinkles over roasted veggies, salads and more.
- Leftover peas should be stored in the fridge in an airtight container to maintain their crispiness.
Tried this easy recipe? Show us the final results of your Crunchy Roasted Split Peas on Pride Beans, Pulses & Grains’ Facebook Page.