Following Presidential orders, South Africa is in full lockdown since last night in an effort to contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a business that is involved in the production, distribution and supply of food, Pride Milling is categorised as essential and we will therefore carry on operating at full capacity over the next 21 days, while still prioritising the health and safety of our employees.
Based on a thorough risk analysis, we have put the following arrangements in place to ensure that we can continuously supply the people of South Africa in these trying times:
- All access will be tightly controlled, and all employees and visitors will be scanned for a fever when arriving at the site. Protocols are in place to manage the outcome of these scans to minimise the risk of infection at our business units while ensuring that our mills can operate uninterrupted.
- Staff have been issued with permits, as outlined in Government Notice No.318 of 18 March 2020, to allow them to travel to and from work.
- We have also arranged with local public transport to ensure that our workers can travel to and from work uninterrupted in vehicles that adhere to the government’s best practice guidelines for the lockdown.
- Formal letters have been supplied to our essential service providers and contractors, identifying them as necessary in the day-to-day operations of our mills.
- We are registered as an essential service with the CIPC and can supply the certificate upon request.
The emergency plans we have implemented are flexible while keeping in mind the health and safety of our employees as well as our responsibility to continuously supply food to South Africans during the 21-day lockdown. and consider the potential impact on our customers. We are constantly monitoring the circumstances to limit business disruptions and the risk of contamination.
We will communicate any new developments through publication on our website (www.pridemilling.co.za) or official letters from the CEO.
If you have any questions or concerns, kindly contact email@example.com